News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Forward

Started by Anastasia, December 27, 2018, 08:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

And thus there is a time of recovery.

Some time passes as everyone regroups and recovers in Ysgard, Miranda's home there busy with many new faces there. It's a pleasant time, a time of mastery, your skills rising.

One morning over breakfast, Dana swallows the last of her bread and speaks up, "Shit," she drawls, "We got a plan now that we have our shit back together?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"We barely had a plane on Ice! Why start now!?" Calleigh cries, hanging upside-down by her legs from a nearby lamp.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Lots of reasons," Miranda begins after finishing a bite of fruit laden oatmeal. "But mostly because it lets us direct things as the plan falls apart, in your case."

Benyen sits next to Dana, yawning and having another bite of meat - you aren't sure what kind it is, a pinkish and purple cast to it. After swallowing he says, "A good plan lets you get more done than flailing around. Now that we're rested up, we should decide on what we're going to do now."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"We're not so good at the planning. Usually we get an idea and make it happen."
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Then let's fucking decide what we'll do, at least," Dana says.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"There's a coooouplea things we need to do. First, try to contact this sage dude. See if he'll give up the gems. Maybe appeal to his better nature? If not, then we gotta find him and steal all his stuff." Calleigh's face is turning red.

Anastasia

Miranda takes all that in and nods slightly, "Tryll, what do you think," she asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll is silent for a moment, listing to the right as he floats over the group. 'I need to return to Lifasa at some point. In spite of what we've done, I can't really leave the re-creation of our race to the others. I suppose that can wait until we're done with this, though. As for a plan, it's not really in my nature. I've played things by ear for the last two million-odd years, and it has yet to really come back to bite me. Hmm. I think we should see if this sage is responsive first.'

Anastasia

"Yeah, that or investigate what the fuck's going on here," Dana says, "With these bonds we're getting. Whichfuckingever."

Miranda eats more of her oatmeal before adding slowly, "How hard will contacting this sage be?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I'd planned a sending or something similar to start with.'

Anastasia

"Easy to start with," Dana agrees, as...

We can start from there, sure. What's your sending going to be?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Great Sage, My name is Tryll, and I have received information that you may know where I can find something that I'm missing."

Anastasia

'Who?'

A single word reply, nothing else.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Who am I, or who are you? I'm Tryll. I'm a giant sentient incorporeal squid. If you don't know who you are, then we have a new set of problems.'

Anastasia

Sending doesn't let you hold a conversation, unless you're using something that allows it. Just a message and a reply. Are you using something that allows such?
<Afina> Forever.