News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Destiny now lies in the hands of...

Started by Anastasia, December 25, 2019, 07:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"That and I'm tempted to bash his face in," Syala says, "That was really poor form."

"That too," Antenora agrees as you go on.

Give me a Perception check, would you, for my own reference.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

[17:13] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+82
[17:13] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 94 > [d20=12]

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia HP: 794+240/794
Active spells:  Many moments of prescience (CL 34), extended mind blank (CL 35), extended nondetection (CL 35), greater heroism (CL 34), repelling shield (CL 34), extended ray deflection (CL 35), epic mage armour (CL 35), dance of the unicorn (CL 36), recitation (CL 35), opal protection (CL 35)
Defences: AC 96, CMD 100, spell resistance 50, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), nondetection (DC 49)
Stat buffs/penalties: +4 morale skills/attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +10 armour AC, +25 competence perception, +4 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 int, +4 wis, +4 cha, +1 natural armour AC, +8 saves vs poison, +3 luck attack/saves, +3 morale AC
Perceptions: Arcane sight, 3 mile tremorsense/blindsight/scent perception +82
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/16/9/9/11/8/6/5/6/3/4/3/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/23/23/17/10/7/4
Moments of prescience: 2

Anastasia

You wander down this next passage. For a short time you are unchallenged, none in the way of your wander. "This way," Partanyx directs you to the side, where a smaller burrow tunnel is. Still big enough for you to walk through, but your heads are close to the top of it, and your guide has to shrink down to follow it.

"Are there any permanent structures?" Antenora asks as you go.

"Several, along with a few cities," Partanyx calls back as he leads you, "But if you go to those, you'll be fighting until the Last Day from all the challengers you'll get. Oh, and all of you aren't bothered by magma, are you? It gets hot this way."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"We're fine with the heat, it's expected in here," Alicia reassures. "And yes we're not looking for the populated parts after all, where we're headed no one except the world serpent goes, if even that much."

Anastasia

Onward. The heat steadily rises as you come on - and at the end of the burrow tunnel is a vast sea of magma, the roof hundreds of feet up. Here in this sea you see nothing but orange-red save for a large island of black stone about a mile away. "This way," The Child takes to the air, flying along towards it. "
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia looks around the cavern before zeroing in on the black stone island as the only point of interest and flying after Partanyx towards it.

Anastasia

Antenora and the others follow.

It's an island, a jagged and irregular hunk in the middle of the magma sea. You alight there as Antenora and Syala do the same.

"Thank you, Partanyx," A voice rumbles from the magma, "Better to have them here for this. You don't think I'd let you go past without a fight? Fighters of your caliber, no less?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Perish the thought," Alicia says, feeling through her tremorsense for what might be in the magma. "We're not ones to shy away from a good fight."

Anastasia

There's lots of ripples in it - a lot of things are moving up towards the surface, all around the island.

"Bring it," Syala invites, beckoning the speaker on.

Antenora merely readies herself while your guide flies off and away, space given.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia makes herself big in readiness! "Either an audience is coming or we're about to get a mass battle," she warns Syala and Antenora.

Alicia HP: 1074+240/1074
Active spells:  Many moments of prescience (CL 34), extended mind blank (CL 35), extended nondetection (CL 35), greater heroism (CL 34), repelling shield (CL 34), extended ray deflection (CL 35), epic mage armour (CL 35), dance of the unicorn (CL 36), recitation (CL 35), opal protection (CL 35)
Defences: AC 98, CMD 122, spell resistance 50, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), nondetection (DC 49)
Stat buffs/penalties: +4 morale skills/attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +10 armour AC, +25 competence perception, +40 str, -2 dex, +20 con, +2 int, +4 wis, +4 cha, +15 natural armour AC, -8 size, +8 saves vs poison, +3 luck attack/saves, +3 morale AC
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/16/9/9/11/8/6/5/6/3/4/3/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/23/23/17/10/7/4

Anastasia

"Oh good," Antenora manages before they emerge. Men of magma - men and women. All devas, all angels with weapons of burning rock. Hundreds of them rise from the stone, and as one they speak the same voice, "Do you have enough to defeat all of us, champions of Sylica?"

"You haven't heard about how Alicia fights, have you?" Syala shakes her head.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

In response Alicia grows even bigger, too big for the island and floating her feet barely above the magma while her head is just a bit short of the cavern roof. "I think we have enough to work with here," her own voice booms out.

Anastasia

"We'll see," The voice challenges back as...

Init. Go ahead and open, Miss Supreme Init.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Her sword swings out, kicking up a furious gale as the building-sized blade scythes across the surface of the magma in a dizzying pattern that breaks apart everything for leagues around!

Casting a quickened true strike.

[18:48] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+70 whirlwind attack, -34 power attack, channelled frigid touch, 6th level arcane strike
[18:48] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 84 > [d20=14]
[18:49] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6+125+2d6+6d4+78 last is frigid touch cold damage
[18:49] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 250 > [d6=3,5,4,4,3,6,2,5][d4=4,1,4,1,1,4]
[18:50] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+42 SR
[18:50] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 44 > [d20=2]

DC 35 fort or stunned.

Alicia HP: 1074+240/1074
Defences: AC 98, CMD 122, spell resistance 50, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), nondetection (DC 49)
Stat buffs/penalties: +4 morale skills/attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +10 armour AC, +25 competence perception, +40 str, -2 dex, +20 con, +2 int, +4 wis, +4 cha, +15 natural armour AC, -8 size, +8 saves vs poison, +3 luck attack/saves, +3 morale AC
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/16/9/9/10/8/5/5/6/3/4/3/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/23/23/16/10/7/4

Anastasia

Your blade cleaves through them all, barely a change - yet they are flash frozen, stopped cold in that instant. They begin to melt nigh instantly, crumbling apart as they do.

"I see your point," The voice acknowledges after that. "I'd heard your dragon friend had magic like that, but not you."
<Afina> Forever.