Destiny now lies in the hands of...

Started by Anastasia, December 25, 2019, 07:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Mystra....hugs Marie to her. She embraces her and holds her, "Very well done, Marie."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

After a moment of surprise Marie wraps her arms back around Mystra and hugs her back!

"I'll be a good goddess," she promises. "Of magic and fun and all the things I learned in Dweomerheart, the things we try and spread from the heavens on down."

Anastasia

As Marie and Mystra celebrate with Antenora, meanwhile...

As Alicia prepares in Sylica, she feels it. A sense. A small thing, tiny, barely notable every other time. A new door has appeared in Sylica. Yet this is no ordinary door. A door in Mercia, against the side of one of the arching bridges that goes over the river that cuts through the center of the city. A door few will notice, a door like the Infinite Stair, but not quite. You could block it if you cared to.

What was that?

I felt it as well. How could you miss it?

Is it the Infinite Stair? No, it's not that one. The other one, sister. I'm already there.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It looks like Queen has found us.

The divine ether around Sylica is busy with lots of deific chatter right now! It feels rather nice actually. In any case Alicia goes to join Jessica at that doorway, permitting its presence just as she does other doors from the normal version of the infinite stairway - which are of course known and guarded on both sides.

Anastasia

Latha is there as well as the door opens. Out comes one of the dwarf-ant hybrids you saw in stasis, alive and moving. It comes through and kneels, "You are the ones my Queen commanded me to seek." It speaks Celestial well, with a fine voice, a voice to enthrall and command. He - a man, you can tell now. He kneels before you, antennae bowing down as well.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Then you have done well," Alicia commends him, rendering them invisible to any onlookers in the city around them. "I am Alicia. This is Latha, and Jessica. Three of the rulers of Sylica. What is your name?"

Anastasia

"Ilyn," Is the name given, "Queen sends her greatest regards as well as tribute and gifts."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Then rise, Ilyn," Alicia bids.

To her fellow deities she sends, Considering what we know of Queen, a bit of pomp and ceremony seems called for here.

"We will receive you in our palace of Liberton. Come," she says, teleporting all of them to her throne room. There are three seats currently as befitting Alicia, Syala, and Antenora. That will have to change soon but they haven't quite done all the announcements and ceremony just yet. Still, it's fine for Latha and Jessica to seat themselves on the thrones, an honour guard of Sylica's warriors always on duty here to guard and watch. It's a pretty easy duty since they don't use the throne much in the same way a normal royal court might, but it serves now and then for audiences they want to make a show of or aren't close enough for a more relaxed setting.

Ilyn appears down the steps below the thrones as Alicia sits in the middle one. "We recognise our distinguished visitor Ilyn to our realm of Sylica," she says formally. "Please present the regards of your patron. We have been eager to renew our acquaintance."

Anastasia

Illy bows deep as the three of you are seated and then kneels anew. "I would be glad to, but it waits on the other side of the door," he explains. "I apologize for not making that clear."

"It will be taken care of," Latha says, not even missing a moment. Sure enough, moments later a gate opens and more of them stride through. Pairs, each carrying a heavy, large treasure chest. Each is ornate and golden, a work of beautiful art. 50 such chests are laid down, 10 of them in 5 rows. One after another they are opened and inside is riches - chests full of gold nuggets, some of bars of metals such as mithral and adamantine. One chest is full of platinum coins, one side showing the face of Queen and the other showing a doorway. Others are full of heaps of silver, while another has a world's ransom in large, hand sized gemstones of brilliant colors and clarity. Yet you notice one chest is not opened, the one directly in front of you.

"My Queens," Ilyn says, "Our people are industrious, and there are secrets and treasures to be found in the Queendom."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia looks at what's inside the unopened chest with divine remote viewing so she can tell if it's safe to open or if she should save it for more privacy.

Anastasia

Inside is a shield, two bladed sword, bastard sword, quarterstaff, helmet and rapier made of a deep, polished wood.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Seems innocuous enough. Also good recovery by Latha, saves them their blushes.

"Industrious indeed to have produced so much in so short a time since we last saw you," she says approvingly. "What of this last chest?" she gestures at the unopened one.

Anastasia

"Special arms and armaments, crafted from the Root Wood," Is the answer, "The Queen tells me they are powerful."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Your Queen knows our interests well," she says warmly, a gesture opening the chest telekinetically so they can all view the bounty therein.

Jessica, what do you make of these?

Alicia can analyze the magic of course but Jessica has a knack for appraisal and root wood is new to them.

Anastasia

200,000 at a minimum for the wood, each, but it would likely fetch far more due to rarity. That's before the enchantments that lie on each one, tied to their primal nature.
<Afina> Forever.