News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Scheduling

Started by Bjorn, July 21, 2006, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Rezantis

Sorry, I thought I told you over AIM. ><  Might be getting confused.  That's fine for me.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Bjorn

Awesome.

Well.

As awesome as getting up at 1 in the morning can be.

Bjorn

Scheduling.  Game.  This weekend.  When?

Halbarad

Any time works for me.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Rezantis

Um, I may be busy saturday evening, may not be, will know closer to the time (odds on I won't be, I invited a friend over but he's -always- busy).

Brian

Closing Saturday (at 3:00 PM to sleepytime), and I have an appointment at 10:00 AM saturday with family -- until worktime.  Sunday: Availible in the mornings.  Evening (3:00 is on), gone to memorial for Sterling.

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

Updates.

Saturday: Busy after 2pm.

Sunday: Busy after 4-5pm.

Morning or early morning is possible either day.

Monday: available in the morning, noon onwards is out.

Bjorn

Okay.  It looks like Brian is pretty much limited to Sunday morning, which is really early Monday morning for Rez.  So the question now becomes: how early is Brian willing to get up, and how late is Rez willing to stay up?

I'm proposing the following (edited following to Brian's post):

Sunday, 8AM-11AM, California time
Sunday, 10AM-1PM, Texas time
Monday, 1AM-4AM, Former Prison Colony time
Sunday, 4-7PM, London time

Hopefully this is a compromise of misery between Rez and Brian.  At this point, I think it's up to the two of you to hash it out.

Brian

Works for me!  I can start an hour earlier, or end two hours later.

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Okay.  Let's try one hour earlier to be a little nicer to Rez, and game until he passes out. :D

Rezantis

Midnight?  I can do that.

Bjorn

All right.  We need to schedule our next IRC session.  I am available all weekend.  I could in principle also do tonight, or Friday night; probably not Thursday night.  (Do your own timezone conversion, dammit.)

If you guys would prefer (and don't be afraid to speak up either way), I can finish the battle with the Hellhound by myself, running you as NPCs.  Then I can post the results, and we can get a start on the idea of running the game on the forum as well.

Brian

To be brutally honest, I'm not terribly interested in the Hellhound battle.  I don't believe I can contribute at this point in a meaningful way, and since the thing doesn't appear to be able to hurt Rez, I see the outcome as a pretty clear win on our part -- though, it might take some time.  OTOH, if Rez and Hal want to play it out, I don't mind that, though I can't really do much IC; I've missed the thing three times (aside: are we using the rule that each subsequent attacker in the phase imposes a -2 penalty to DCV?  If so, then I _really_ sucked at shooting) already, and don't have the in-combat utility of the other PCs yet.  (Please don't take this as a complaint; I realize the flexibility and potential of my framework in due time.)

So, I'm largely ambivalent, but don't think it would be totally IC to offer my typical snarky comments on Iron Rez and Hal beating the crap out of a magmadog.  I'm kinda shaken by OMG, pansy-powers means rabid-lavapup attack! business.  This means all I've really got is to feel like I've wasted my ammo and do, uh, maybe some stun with my EB.  (I'm not clear on using the -2 CV weather effect, since I think it's going to affect everyone.  Maybe I can center it behind the hellhound, so only it's inside?  Not sure if that still gives everyone else a +2 penalty to hit, which it probably will -- net effect, lengthening the fight.)  That being said, I'm free after, oh, 8:00 AM local time (I don't know what that is, but conversion, it'd be the same time our last session was), until around, I'd guess, 3:00 PM if we want to do it then.  I don't know when that is, either, but it'd be seven hours after the starting time I provided.  I can't do math when it's 4:00 AM local time. x_x

Or we could just have some time to talk in IRC about our plans and figure out what the heck we do with our collective bad-selves.  I'm not opposed to that at all, but if we _do_ fight, I'm mostly just going to hang out and try to make up funny deleted scenes until the fight's over.  Which I don't mind.  You are cool people to hang out with.  :)

~exploding tag~