News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Scheduling

Started by Bjorn, July 21, 2006, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

Today I set up a phone line for my house.  Next stage is to try to get broadband for it.  Once I have 'net at home, we can start negotiating a start of the game.

On an unrelated note:  the OOC channel for this game is #confessional on irc.dejatoons.net.

Bjorn

Okay.  I should have broadband on the 7th of August.  My connection will (apparently) be unreliable for as much as 24 hours afterwards.  Yay team.

BUT!  I am brave and I am bold and I lack common sense, and as such I would like to tentatively schedule the first game for sometime on the weekend of Aug 11-13.  You'll each have individual (and SEKRIT) introductory sessions; these should be quite short, so we can either do them on the first session or (ideally) get them out of the way first, sometime after my net is up.

Bjorn

I have broadband.  Go me.

I would like to schedule the first session for this coming weekend.  Between my schedule and Brian's, the only available time would be 11 AM California time, Saturday August 12th, running for about two hours.  Unfortunately, this is 4 AM Sunday August 13th for Rez, so, uh, it might not suit.

If we can't get the group together this weekend, then over the next week or so, I'll try to get online with each of you individually to run your intro sessions at least.  (I would have liked to do that before Saturday, but this is not going to work out.)   Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country on the 19th-20th, so the next possible day for a game is 26-27th.

Let me know!

Rezantis

I . . . might actually be able to make that.  But I can't promise how long I can stay awake once it starts!  

I can give more information on Where My Sleep Schedule Is At closer to the date.  Suffice to say I have nothing going on this weekend.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Halbarad

I have no problem with that timing. Might also be doing some SM gaming with Dune at the time, but that can be managed.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Bjorn

Quote from: "Rezantis"I . . . might actually be able to make that.  But I can't promise how long I can stay awake once it starts!

No worries.  We'll do your individual session first, and then if you fall asleep, then little harm done.

Bjorn

Session One is over and done.  Hopefully I haven't lost all your interest already.

Now. Session Two.  Unfortunately, this coming weekend (Aug. 19-20) I will be in Northern Ireland -- unless the travel situation stays misreable, I guess.

I'm up for doing a session during the week in theory, but I think this will be unworkable in practice -- it would have to be between 7 and midnight UTC.  Unless Brian and Hal are available Monday (the 14th; I can't do the week after as I'll still be in Ireland) morning/afternoon (since that's the day I know Hal gets off), and Rez is available really early Tuesday morning, that's probably no-go.

Failing that. I guess we're looking at a session on Aug 26-27th.  Vote now for your schedule preferences!

Rezantis

I might be free early tuesday morning, can you give me a time in AU time? :)

Halbarad

Monday is fine for me, as that's my usual day off.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Bjorn

Quote from: "Rezantis"I might be free early tuesday morning, can you give me a time in AU time? :)

We're talking the same time-frame as Session One.

Brian

My work-schedule just got locked down....  I close every night, which means working from 15:00 to 23:30 Monday-Wednesday, and 16:00 to 24:30 Friday, Saturday.

I'm off Thursday, but game (RL) in the evenings, and, uh, the same for Sunday mornings.

This tuesday works for me! :D

Though, I might be in another world that evening; we'll see.  :p
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Okay!  Session two will be Monday, August 14th, 7:00 PM, London Time.  This works out to:

Monday, August 14th, 11:00 AM, California Time
Monday, August 14th, 1:00 PM, Austin Time
Tuesday, August 15th, 4:00 AM, Melbourne Time (Rez, do I have the right timezone for you?

Coordinating games across three continents is hard. ;.;

Rezantis

Quote from: "Bjorn"Okay!  Session two will be Monday, August 14th, 7:00 PM, London Time.  This works out to:

Monday, August 14th, 11:00 AM, California Time
Monday, August 14th, 1:00 PM, Austin Time
Tuesday, August 15th, 4:00 AM, Melbourne Time (Rez, do I have the right timezone for you?

Coordinating games across three continents is hard. ;.;

You do have the right timezone.  I -might- be able to make that but I can't promise, 4am is non-trivial. :)

Bjorn

It would appear that (understandably) Rez couldn't make the above time.  How does the following sound to people?

Thursday, August 17th, 5-7PM, Los Angeles
Thursday, August 17th, 7-9PM, Houston
Friday, August 18th, 1-3AM, London
Friday, August 18th, 10AM-12PM, Crazy Upside Down Land

Friday I need to travel up Guildford way, but I can take a late start on that, so I can probably deal with a late night.  If this doesn't work out, then I'm afraid we're stuck with our next game being on the 26th.

Halbarad

Sounds hokay by me.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.