News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Scheduling

Started by Bjorn, July 21, 2006, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halbarad

And at this point, Rez is pretty much fighting magmapup alone. I've already figured out that my chances of doing damage with the knife are just this side of negligible, and I'm running the risk of searing my own knuckles off if I keep at it anyway. For now, all I'll be doing is 'hold action - "gimme the sword!" ' until magmapup is dead.

That said, your usual evenings aren't workable at all this week - I won't be able to game until I get home from work, which is right around your normal bedtime. Entire weekend is free, though.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Bjorn

Quote from: "Brian"To be brutally honest, I'm not terribly interested in the Hellhound battle.  I don't believe I can contribute at this point in a meaningful way, and since the thing doesn't appear to be able to hurt Rez, I see the outcome as a pretty clear win on our part -- though, it might take some time.  OTOH, if Rez and Hal want to play it out, I don't mind that, though I can't really do much IC; I've missed the thing three times (aside: are we using the rule that each subsequent attacker in the phase imposes a -2 penalty to DCV?  If so, then I _really_ sucked at shooting) already, and don't have the in-combat utility of the other PCs yet.  (Please don't take this as a complaint; I realize the flexibility and potential of my framework in due time.)

I wasn't using that rule, because I forgot about it.  Mea culpa.  If you think there should be a rule in play and think it might not be, please bring it up -- we all know each other well enough to know there's no rules-lawyering going on, and I do forget things.

The reason I made this offer is that I get the impression that all of you feel pretty much the same way about this battle, and that doesn't seem like a good way to keep up interest in the game.  If seeing a novelization of the fight followed by the chance to get on with things seems better to you, then I'm all for it, and I'll try to make the next battle more engaging.

Rezantis

I'll go with what the other guys do; I just generally hate being NPCed. >.>

And I will/would give Hal the sword in the interests of sanity, but it didn't and doesn't seem particularly IC for me to let go of the weapon and try to fight a hellhound with my bare hands, nigh invulnerable or no.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

Quote from: "Bjorn"I wasn't using that rule, because I forgot about it.  Mea culpa.  If you think there should be a rule in play and think it might not be, please bring it up -- we all know each other well enough to know there's no rules-lawyering going on, and I do forget things.
Well, keep in mind that's an optional rule.  It's (IIRC) in the 'Heroic' subset, and NOT the superheroic one.  The reasoning is, the more you dodge, the harder it gets to do at the same instant.  You get all your DCV back the next phase, and to be sure that this doesn't render the third attack an auto-hit, remember that it cannot reduce the dog (or any other target's) DCV below 0.

That being said, hex-sized creatures, instead of offering a DCV penalty, automatically give their attackers a +2 bonus as well (and that's why it's an OCV bonus to the attacker, instead of a further penalty to their own DCV).  4-hex monsters give a +4, and each hex radius larger a creature gets gives a further +2 (not that I'm looking forward to fighting something that gives me +6 to hit it from size alone O_O).

I thought you knew that, and was thinking, "Man.  With six points in my favor, I'm really sucking!"  So if it was that, then ... well, maybe I don't suck so bad.  Though now that I think about it, I'm going to need to double-check; I don't know for certain if melee attacks offer the penalty on subsequent ranged attacks.  I think that ranged attacks do incur the bonus on subsequent melee attacks, tho.  Will come back with clarification later tonight.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Okay.  We're going to finish the magmapup fight.  Now.  When?

Halbarad

Weekends are it for me right now - during the week will not be possible for the next week unless you feel like staying up until about 3 am.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Rezantis

Umm.  I can potentially swing any given time, but my schedule is variable.

Suggest stuff and I'll see what I can do.

Bjorn

What about the same time as last week?  All we really need to do on IRC is get through the magmapup fight, and that should be doable in two hours.

I hope.

Bjorn

Brian

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

Brian

I have failed it.  I'm sorry, but this week has been murder on me; not getting home until 4:00 AM, I totally forgot to set my alarm for 8:00 AM to game, and as a result, didn't wake up until around 10:00 AM. -_-

On the bright side, I did quit smoking (1 week, yay).

Anyway, when's our next attempt?

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Quote from: "Brian"I have failed it.  I'm sorry, but this week has been murder on me; not getting home until 4:00 AM, I totally forgot to set my alarm for 8:00 AM to game, and as a result, didn't wake up until around 10:00 AM. -_-

No worries.  When I saw that you waking up on time would require getting up with only about five hours of sleep, I decided no fault was to be held. ;)

QuoteAnyway, when's our next attempt?

This is, unfortunately, tricky.  I am out of the country Friday through Sunday, and then at conferences from the 14th through the 21st.  What with getting ready for the conferences, I don't think I can make it during the week -- possibly from 7-9PM London time, but I think this is during work for Hal and late at night for Rez.

We can try to do the combat on the forums, misreable as that would be, we can try to go during the week, or we can wait until the 23rd-24th.  Your call.

Rezantis

That's 4-6am my time, from memory.

Theoretically possible if I do not have to work that day.

Bjorn

Okay.  We didn't game this past weekend.  This is entirely my fault, as I was recovering from near liver failure... and SCIENCE! O.<

So let's try again.  I will probably not be available during the week, as this is promising to be busy.  However, I will be available all weekend.  Times people will be around?

Rezantis

I am busy parts of next weekend.  Um.  Busy saturday afternoon.

I can't remember if I'm doing anything next sunday.  I might be busy in the afternoon, may not be!

Aside from that, I can try and make any time.