Welcome to the City of Rome

Started by Dracos, September 03, 2003, 01:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trunkyboy

"Thieves happened.  We'll be walking."  It is plain to see that Luciano doesn't wish to elaborate much further.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

CyMage

The halfling nodded in understanding.  "I guess we'll try to get something along the way."  With that said, Azen urged his mount into a walk that the others would be able to follow easily enough.  He rode out of town.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Dracos

Assuming the others follow, the party finds it a relatively peaceful trip for the first full day as they traveled along the well maintained Roman roads.  It's now evening.  What do you do?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

Finding a nice clearing, Azen headed towards it.  He was pleasantly surprised when he found traces of an old campfire.  Getting off his pony, he tied it securely to an aviable branch.

"I need someone to find some firewood so I can start a fire.  Oh, and any of you know how to cook anything decent?"  He pulled his stuff from the pony and made sure it was able to graze a bit.

Trunkyboy

"I was a slave and a fighter, not a cook," Luciano grumbles, "I'll go get the firewood."  He unslings his greataxe and goes relieve his stress on helpless trees.

Corwin

"I'll cook," Cedric volunteers, taking stock of their group's supplies.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

While they'd forgotten to really bring supplies, the warriors were able to find some small game to eat luckly enough.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

Luciano makes himself comfortable on the ground, which is much softer then the cells he used to sleep in.

Sunhawk

Bran curls up in a blanket under a tree - being used to sleeping like this all the time (when out raiding, for example).  Tomorrow he hopes he'll find some action - and notes that it might be a good idea to keep an eye out for game for dinner.

CyMage

Once the wood was brought over, Azen started a small campfire.  He made sure it would last most of the night, and that there would be some fuel left for the morning and breakfast.  "Ok, Cedric.  Your turn."

With that done, he wandered near his pony to get his stuff.  Then he found a quiet spot on the other side of the camp, and set up his bed where he checked his equipment.

CyMage

Once he was done with that he relaxed.  He didn't have much time to relax recently.  Telling the nearest person to wake him when dinner is ready, he caught a nap.

Trunkyboy

Luciano begins to doze off...

Dracos

Dinner was prepared, eaten, and the night passed without incident.

Did they continue in the morning?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

Luciano gets up, stretches, and works the kinks out of his body.  He once again prepares his meager belongings in preparation of the trip.

CyMage

After a quick breakfast was eaten, Azen got the group going again.  "We shouldn't have any problems for a while.  We're still near Rome and if there is anything to cause trouble, it would have been dealt with already by the soldiers."

Though Azen almost wished for something to happen.  It would liven up a boring trip.